Traveling is a big activity for people in the fall. People will start to travel locally, across the country and around the world. Make your adventure one remember.
These 5 tips will minimize your pain while traveling:
- Good posture: If you are sitting a long plane ride or car ride, good posture is key to minimize pain. Sitting tall with a lumbar support will decrease low back and neck pain.
- Keep moving: Stretch your legs every two hours! Make a pit stop for coffee or a restroom while you are driving. When you are flying, get up and walk the aisles. This will keep your legs from getting stiff and keep good circulation in your legs.
- Stretch: When you finally get to your destination, perform a few stretches. Stretching will decrease your stiffness and prepare you for the adventures ahead of you.
- Proper body mechanics: When lifting luggage, remember to use good body mechanics. Picking something up or placing it over head without using good mechanics and lead to back pain, pulled muscles or even more severe injuries. To prevent this, always use good mechanics. If you are unsure if you are using good mechanics, call today and we can assess your technique before you leave.
- Get a good night sleep: It is hard to sleep when it is not your bed or your pillow but a good amount of rest will make you refreshed and ready to tackle the next day. Make sure you are getting good neck and back support when you are sleeping. If need be, ask the front desk for an extra pillow to make sure you don’t wake up with a stiff neck or low back pain.
Traveling can be an adventure but make sure that it is one that is not riddled with pain. Call today at 610-432-7733 to schedule an appointment to go over specific stretches and body mechanics to ensure you have a pain free travel experience!